On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:12 AM, Thomas D. Dean <tomd...@speakeasy.org> wrote:
> On 01/13/13 18:28, Henrique Peron wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> does this happen while using other software as well?
>
> I have not tried other terminal emulators - I will try tip tomorrow...

I think the question was "Do you see this issue in other software you
access through the terminal emulator?"

On a PC keyboard, when you press a key, a scan code is generated
indicating the position of the key that was pressed.  The OS maintains
a map of scan codes and what those keys are mapped to.  (On
DOS/Windows, the maps are code pages.)

Backspace is Control-H, or ASCII 8.  Del is the "rubout" character, or
ASCII 127.  (On *nix systems, this is generally mapped to ^[3~, the
VT-220 "Delete" key escape code.)

Your terminal emulator is apparently diddling these values before
passing them through to FreeDOS, and you need to find out how to stop
it doing so.  This is a terminal emulator issue, not a FreeDOS
problem.

See what happens if you use xterm instead of gtkterm or minicom.

> Tom Dean
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519