On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM, dos386 <dos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Email is the principal vector for _v_i_r_u_s_ delivery, but attachments all
>> reside on Google's servers too, and never reach my machine.
>
> Funny ...

True.  You can't deliver a virus by a nasty attachment if the
attachment never reaches the user's machine.

>>  Google has viewers for all common file types

> Really? How does it work? How do you see the file on Gooogle's server?

It's rendered in the browser, by code on Google's end.

> Maybe you have the ADOBE FLUSH virus installed and let the "author"
> deliver you a new version every day to you holy "clean" machine?

I do have the Adobe Flash player installed, but it's not involved in
the transaction.  The attachments in question are not SWF objects.

(I have Adobe Flash under Linux, as well.  There is an assortment of
web content that _requires_ flash, notably sites concerned with art
and design.  And while HTML5 offers hope down the road, an awful lot
of video is still handled by flash.).
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519