On 2013-07-12 06:38 (GMT-0700) Jerome Ibanes composed:

> I'm having an issue running Deskview 2.8 on FreeDos, which I would
> describe as such:

> - Desqview 2.8 can be freely downloaded at http://www.chsoft.com/dv.html
> - I am not running QEMM (not required with Desqview).
> - I do want to run Desqview, "accept no substitute".
> - I am not running Dosbox.
>
> The installation process runs fine, but upon starting Desqview, I run
> across this error: "Missing (or bad) DESQview file: DESQVIEW.DVO".
> Subsequently, the application is then unable to run dos applications.
>
> Would anyone know how to address this issue? The file "DESQVIEW.DVO"
> is indeed present in C:\DV (where I installed Desqview).

The following is from CONFIG.SYS used on my last PC that would run QEMM and DV:

[MAX]
SWITCHES  =    /F/W
DEVICE=C:\Q\QEMM386.SYS RAM ROM BE:N XSTI=1A X=F000-F8FF X=FE00-FEFF
SHELL=C:\Q\LOADHI.COM C:\DOS\COMMAND.COM C:\DOS\ /p /f /k C:\AE.BAT
set AUTOBAT=AE.BAT
set CONFIG=MAX
DOS     =   HIGH
BUFFERS =   8
FILES       =   60
FCBS        =   1,0
LASTDRIVE   =   Z
DEVICE=C:\Q\LOADHI.SYS C:\DOS\RAMDRIVE.SYS 6144 128 512 /E
set BUFFERS=SMALL
set RAMDISK=6144
set DOSHIGH=YES
BREAK=ON
STACKS=0,0

Maybe it holds a clue to a solution? I haven't used DV since 1997 when I
found I needed full GUI internet access and made OS/2, the better DOS than
DOS of that age and still, my primary OS.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/