Hi,
   First, thank you for all of your efforts! Honestly, it's almost
overwhelming having so many files to deal with!

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Mateusz Viste <mate...@viste-family.net> wrote:

> I did a bit of repackaging work this evening, and added sources to some
> of the BASE packages that lacked it.
>
> The full list of BASE packages that lack sources is this now:
>
>    cpidos (not sure there are "sources" for this one at all?)

I'm also not aware of any sources for this, though it does claim to be
GPL. AFAIK, it's only binary data (bitmap fonts, compressed). Henrique
would probably know more.

>    command

AFAIK, latest is still 0.84-pre2 XMS_Swap, so I just grabbed it from
/distributions/1.0/pkgs/ , i.e. COMMANDS.ZIP. The problem is that it
has two (identical?) copies of (needed) SUPPL.TGZ in there, but both
of them seem to be corrupted. So I grabbed old SUPPLS.ZIP from the
same location. Bart would probably know more.

>    edlin

Latest is still 2.15, which is available at
http://freedos-edlin.sf.net . Gregory would probably know more.

>    fdisk

Assuming you mean only "FD" Fdisk and not (also) Xfdisk or SPfdisk,
then that's easy to find on iBiblio. Brian would probably know more.

>    help

Still at 1.07 (final?), found on iBiblio. Fritz would probably know more.

>    more

This is also on iBiblio, like most things. Not consciously aware of
this, but maintainer is listed as Imre, so (in theory) he's the guy to
contact. (obligatory joke elided)

>    print

Jim Tabor would be the guy to ask, or maybe Eric Auer. It's on
iBiblio. But I've never (successfully) used this.

> The current version of these packages can be found here:
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1/repos/base/

So, as best I could determine, for your convenience, I put all these
sources here:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1/repos/base/tmp-src/

commands.zip    2006-Aug-29    02:09:48    3.5M
suppls.zip    2002-Jul-30    02:44:44    1.1M
edlin-2.15.zip    2010-Dec-20    17:57:27    199.9K
fdisk131.zip    2008-Nov-04    22:57:48    188.5K
help107src.zip    2005-Mar-25    07:26:50    184.3K
more43.zip    2007-Oct-01    19:33:00    49K
print-jimtabor-102.zip    2007-Sep-17    12:00:10    15.1K

Though I didn't look too too closely, and I didn't try recompiling any
of these (probably harder than it sounds).

> If anyone would be willing to check them out, add sources, and make sure
> these packages are up to date and features latest translations, I'd be
> happy to accept fixed packages.

I did not make any "packages" proper, sorry. Nor translations, I have
no idea, I didn't look.

> Otherwise I will try to repackage/fix them myself, hopefully before 2014.

I don't even remember the layout of your packages. Honestly, I've been
"busy" doing other things, so making more packages has (for now) not
been a priority, esp. lacking any feedback. I'm honestly just not
comfortable enough with it all, so my help is questionable. But if you
have any specific requests, feel free to ask.

(In particular, I haven't updated FDNPKG under VirtualBox in months,
and that's the only place I have a working packet driver. Usually I
just manually install everything, which I admit is not always ideal,
esp. for most end users.)