On Sun, 04 May 2014 01:29:32 +0200, Ray Davison <ray...@charter.net> wrote:

> What is available for reading NTFS used in WXP, W7?

There are three NTFS drivers I know of. I have tested all of them.

NTFSDOS: Commercial, no longer sold. The trial version is read-only.
Requires files from a Windows installation. No long file names. Takes up a
large amount of conventional memory, over 100K. Can't be unloaded. Likes
to crash on startup if the NTFS partition is partially corrupted.

Paragon NTFS: Freeware (not sure)? Read/write, although I have experienced
data corruption when writing. Supports long file names, but it was very
unstable for me when using them. Can be unloaded.

Avira NTFS4DOS: Unsupported freeware, personal use only. Has an annoying
nagscreen at startup. Most reliable, but I still wouldn't trust it for
writing data. Can't be unloaded. An annoying quirk is that it doesn't show
"." and ".." entries in a directory, but CD'ing in FreeCOM works fine.