After about 16 hours, I have concluded that this is not an FDNPKG bug, for
at various times random pings also create the same error. Today I have read
of other issues with this onboard NIC, while a real PCI of the same chipset
is supposed be virtually PnP. I ordered a card on ebay for $9 with free
ship. So when it arrives, I 'll report further.
Thanks