Hi,

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 8:59 AM,  <f4tm...@web.de> wrote:

> I'm getting errors during CD installation of Freedos 1.1 (base + util).

You mean an actual CD-R (or similar) burned with fd11src.iso (40 MB)?
So no virtual machine? Did you verify the md5sum to make sure you
downloaded it correctly?

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1/fd11src.md5

2e0ab23bec79ff33071d80ea26f124dc  fd11src.iso

Or maybe you need to reburn it at a slower speed?

> Seems it doesn't find the package:
>
> "ERROR! Failed to install REQUIRED package"

Doesn't find what exactly? Or maybe you don't know which piece?

> Path is set to F:\FREEDOS\PACKAGES
> Maybe there's a slash missing at the end but I cannot enter the line (or
> don't know how to).
>
> What can I do?
> I need that for a very old machine software.

Certainly you don't need "full" BASE + UTIL at all, only kernel and
shell plus a few other common things. At worst you could do a manual
installation.

So you're trying to run on real hardware? What cpu + RAM? What kind of
software is it, and what does it need (XMS, EMS, DPMI, mouse)?