Hi Mike,

> I simply took another PC, now it works. Got freedos on the hd.
>
> Only thing that would be neat is USB mouse support. Read about USBMOUSE and
> added
> dos=high
> device=himem.exe
> device=usbaspi.sys
> device=di1000dd.sys
> to FDCONFIG.SYS - unfortunatelly without success.
>
> Is a special driver for that 25pin serial interface necessary?

That usbaspi is for usb disks / usb sticks / cd / dvd
di1000dd is also for usb disks / usb sticks, I think.
For cd / dvd, you would also need additional drivers.
And as Rugxulo said, the above may have license issues.

Usbmouse sounds like one of Bret Johnson's drivers:
Read the manual, you probably have to load his USB
core driver before the mouse one. Maybe you also have
to load ctmouse after usbmouse as a third step.

Note that often the BIOS (if you enable USB legacy
support in the CMOS setup) already makes your USB
mouse look (towards DOS) as if it would be a PS/2
mouse, which you can use with ctmouse (try 1.9, 2.0
or 2.1, if one version fails, another one may work)
without having to load any USB drivers :-)

What do you mean by 25 pin serial interface, do you have
an old 9/25 pin COM port mouse somewhere, not just USB?

Regards, Eric