I've recently become aware of some incompatibility between our FreeDOS
unzip, Linux unzip and the legacy Pkunzip versions 2.04 and 2.50. I
download hundreds of SIMTEL/BBS and other vintage files a month and I know
that statistically a percentage of those will be incomplete or have CRC
errors. But files that I know are complete are not being uncompressed
properly. This almost always shows up in a blank README file. I typically
download and unzip with linux but when I noticed this anomaly I switched to
FreeDOS unzip and noticed some improvement, but when I switched to pkunzip
the number of blank files has dropped dramatically.  Has anyone else
noticed this?