I've been following this thread for some reason, and I finally figured
out why.  I think I had a similar "multimedia PC" my parents bought
for me about 20 years ago (486SX 33MHz, 4MB RAM, 200MB HD, 2X CD-ROM
and Sound Card when these were still considered optional, DOS
6.22/Windows 3.11).  And I remember getting Front Page Sports Football
Pro 95, Wolfenstein, and Doom working on this.

Anyways, someone on VOGONS did a ton of research [0] on similar sound
cards.  I suggest reading it.

[0] http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=27943