Hi Abe,

> Am 01.07.2016 um 14:59 schrieb Abe Mishler <a...@mishlerlabs.com>:
>
> except linux can
> mount raw images for native file sharing

Today I found out: If I choose „VHD“ as type for the virtual harddisk in
VirtualBox, I am able to mount the VirtualBox image in Windows too.

See: https://www.lazybrowndog.net/freedos/files/vhd.png
<https://www.lazybrowndog.net/freedos/files/vhd.png>

Now I just open „Computer Management“ in Windows, right-click on "Disk
Management" and choose "Attach VHD“.
See this description here:
http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/create-mount-vhd-windows/
<http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/create-mount-vhd-windows/>

(You can only attach local VHDs, not those on a network share.)

And for the record: For OS X there is a free program by Paragon, which does the
same:

https://www.paragon-software.com/home/vd-mounter-mac-free/
<https://www.paragon-software.com/home/vd-mounter-mac-free/>

So another thing VirtualBox can do as good as qemu.

Ulrich