Hi,

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 9:50 PM, Jerome E. Shidel Jr. <jer...@shidel.net>
wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2016, at 12:56 PM, Dimitris Zilaskos <dimitr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> […]
>
> Dimitris
>

> I have a few silly questions.
>
> You have verified the drive has the correct jumpers set?

Correct, master / slave

> You are not trying to use cable select mode?

Nope

> You are using the correct position on the IDE cable?

Yes

> You are plugged into the primary controller?

Yes

> Is the BIOS configuration for the drive being set manually or using "auto"
> mode?

This is actually a good question. It is user mode which would qualify as
manually, but I can't remember if the values for CHS were actually entered
manually by copying them from the labels, or using the auto detect BIOS
feature. I do recall it look a lot of effort to figure this out, as any
mistake and the system would not detect the hdds or boot altogether.

> You mentioned “tertiary” at one point. How many drives? How many
> controllers?

The sound blaster card has one IDE port that currently has 2 CD-ROM drives
connected in master/slave setup

> Is the drive partitioned as a single disk or multiple partitions?

single partition

> It is not inside an extended partition?

No

> If there are any other drives, are they partitioned and formatted for DOS?

Yes, the slave drive is an old windows98 system with a fat32  partition.

I can simplify the setup - remove all CDROM drives and the slave hard drive
and leave only one hdd and the floppy to see if there is any change.

Cheers,

Dimitris