From: Ralf Quint <freedos...@gmail.com>

--===============1656748613992134465==

--------------3E16757BA8FAC21C53D0B19F

On 3/24/2017 5:42 AM, Dennis Fenton wrote:
> I was just trying to simply copy it. I get an insufficient space message.
That is to be expected.

A disk image is exactly that, a sector by sector image of EVERY sector
on the disk. That includes those of the boot sector (includes the
BPB-BIOS Paramter Block),  14 sectors for the root directory and 18
sectors for the two copies of FAT12. Those 33 sectors leave on a
formatted 1.44MB floppy disk 2847 sectors (out of 2880 sectors of an
unformatted disk).

To write a floppy disk IMAGE to a floppy, you need a program that writes
that image SECTOR FOR SECTOR back to the disk, not as a single file as
you have tried.

On Unix/Linux systems, the easiest way to achive that is to use the "dd"
command or WinRaWrite on a Windows system (or rawrite if you have
another DOS only system). I personally used for probably more than two
decades by now a Shareware program called WinImage, which also does
works nicely to create quickly images from floppy disks or CD-ROMs...

Ralf

---

--------------3E16757BA8FAC21C53D0B19F

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
        'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);
        text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">I
        was just trying to simply copy it. I get an insufficient space
        message. </div>
    That is to be expected.<br>
    A disk image is exactly that, a sector by sector image of EVERY
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net