How can a .jar be run on Android or iOS? Android is built on some bastardized
version of JAVA but AFAIK nobody has yet produced a fully functional JAVA
Runtime Environment (JRE) for Android.
 As for iOS, Apple seems to hate JAVA with as much fury as they do Flash.

Apple sayeth "#%#@ Flash and JAVA. HTML 5.0 is the future!" and Adobe just
about instantly discontinued development on Flash for Android and other mobile
platforms.

Looks like they could uses something like this cross-platform system. Seems to
embed an app specific JRE into the app, like a 'wrapper' to interface between
the JAVA code and the OS's API.
Write iOS apps in Java along with Android – Mateusz Bartos – Medium

|  |  |

|  |
Write iOS apps in Java along with Android – Mateusz Bartos – Medium

Mateusz Bartos

Worldwide, Android is installed on 66% of mobile devices, while iOS is used by
24% of the global users. But in c...

    On Thursday, April 26, 2018, 2:31:57 PM MDT, Dale E Sterner