I am coming from a neo-luddism standpoint which is not anti tech but tech-sceptic.

I would like to see an OS that can do all the essential  stuff with 25 year old hardware.

Because I see the constant careless dismissal of well functioning hardware and decent software, which costed massive amounts of human creativity and effort, and which has produced tons of waste, as a grave attack on our ecological system. It saddens me tremendously.

For office, media and gaming there is no issue.

But stuff that uses internet IS, because compatibility is a major issue there as one has to use advanced browsers and connect to networks mostly used by high-end computers .

There are text based browsers that help, as long as html is still in use for websites.

Another problem is VOIP.

Is there any way to have voice chats through DOS and if not can the means to that theoretically be developed? Does 1995 hardware + DOS allow it?

I have patience. I really hope FreeDos keeps working on cross generational  PC compatibility. Linux doesnt have this aim, they intend to evolve together with Windows, leaving behind all the good old stuff.

Thanks!

Thalis
--
Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile