Thanks!

Interesting!

However I forgot to mention one great benefit of Freedos: the games. Some of those other systems may give access to games but the games will be using way more resources than DOS games. And if they can run DOSbox than DOSbox will ask for more resources (1Ghz CPU).

The stuff that is demanding hardware upgrades is browsing, gaming, voip, social networking.

In FreeDos however one has access to tons of games which run on low-end hardware.

So those other tiny OS'es will still scream for higher end hardware to do all that resource demanding stuff.

I think, all we need to keep on using 25 year old hardware is decent text based browsing, and for that we need decent HTML coding in websites. If HTML becomes obsolute, internet for DOS becomes obsolute. That will be a sad day.

Voip and social networking can be done I am sure, if people create the means.

Thalis

--
goodness = beauty = truth