On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 10:27:54AM -0500, Jerome Shidel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I???m just looking to do quick poll on you thoughts and opinion.
>
> When FreeDOS 1.3 is booted as a Live environment from the CD-ROM, should it
> be permitted access to any internal hard drive(s)?
>
> Allowing access, can permit reading and writing files and/or installation to
> the HDD.
> (This will allow installation. partitioning and other operations without a
> need to reboot out of the Live Environment)

But directly after boot-up process we stay on CD with every possible
operation. So modifying the contents of any other drive requires purposeful
"change drive" action.

I see no sense with too much "protection"; nowadays we are so "protected"
(even without being asked do we really want it; and no option to switch
redundant "protection" off) that using one's own bank account is slowly
becoming cumbersome.

DOS is out of interest of users preferring "clickable" GUI. Its users don't
need to be that protected; I believe they know what they are doing
--
regards,
Zbigniew