From: Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de>
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 1:01 AM
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net <freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] R: Freedos for IBM PCDOS 3.30 software

Hi Mattia,

I would be generally optimistic: You can still get
mainboards with DOS compatible parallel printer port
and FreeDOS should be okay for running PC DOS 3.30
based apps. Also, keyboard, mouse and VGA graphics
should still be supported by the BIOS of modern PC,
with some luck even the hardware level PS/2 and VGA
access, although that might internally be based on
a simulation run by the BIOS, for example for USB
keyboard or mouse. This can affect reaction speeds.
I would avoid additional PCI I/O cards if possible.

Regards, Eric