Subject: [Freedos-user] Backslash key on UK keyboard not recognised
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 09:49:00 +0100
From: Ian Park <i.d.c.p...@chalmers-park.name>

Good morning

Over the past few days I've progressed as far as installing FreeDOS 1.2 on an old PC (HP Deskpro low profile, 1700MHz Pentium, 512MB RAM, 20GB HDD, CD ROM drive). Still early stages, I'm finding my way around before I try to move on to connecting to a network (but that's another story...).

I've hit an oddity; FreeDOS doesn't recognise the backslash (\) key on my USB UK keyboard. The other two PCs to which I connect it through a USB sharing switch (the one which I'm using to compose this email, running Linux Mint, and another running Windows 10) both recognise it. When I get time I'll try the US keyboard driver to see whether that recognises the \ key, but fairly obviously that would be rather less than ideal, since it's a UK keyboard!

Can anyone offer a suggestion to deal with this problem, please?

Thanks in advance

Ian

Ian Park
email: i.d.c.p...@chalmers-park.name