1. I believe it would be handy if it could immediately after its start
  perform 'r' (show registers' contents). Usually we're going to have
  a look at that first when using "debug". Even if we aren't - having
  these two lines on the screen immediately after start won't do any harm.

2. It could keep "history" for last, say. twenty-thirty command-line entries
  (available as usual with Up/Down keys).

3. Its command line should recognize "movement keys" just like command.com
  does, I mean Home/End should move cursor to beginning and end current
  entry, Left/Right also for movement (presently Right does just "latest
  entry" while Left is redundant "Backspace" copy) and Del should "eat"
  characters "right from the cursor" (the usual "Del way").

Just basic stuff. Actually I believe that EVERY utility that offers command
line entry should act like I described in points 2 and 3. Why not use these
keys we have present on every PC keyboard - for easier and faster editing?
--
regards,
Zbigniew