Hi!

I'm from Portugal and here a ssd are around 39.67 us dollars / 34 euros for
240gb, and i don't know if there are lower sizes anymore... still expensive.

To install 2 OS, i would go with Windows 95 SE or 98 SE to copy files
(games for me), i don't know but i'm sure that freedos will read pen drives
as long they are plugged in before booting.
Linux would do, but has you said, had to be a very low resources.

The idea was for freedos to be the main OS, but i will take in mind your
recommendation.

João