On 10/17/2020 9:33 AM, ZB wrote:
Does there exist any DIY to fix "millennium bug" in old BIOS (no update
available, unfortunately)? I mean "real fix, not workaround" - finding the
proper cells in BIOS, modifying contents accordingly, burning... done

Well, short answer: No.

There are literally hundreds of different BIOS version out there, from dozens of manufacturers, so if they do not provide an updated BIOS, there simply is no chance to simply "fix the bug" in your copy of the BIOS.

Where/how does that bug manifest for you? I can not remember actually to have run into this issue seriously 20 years ago, though a few applications software versions needed to be updated or did have some kind of patch/workaround available...

Ralf