After more research and more fooling around, I am now able to print from
FreeDOS to my network WiFi printer. Just to clarify a couple of points - my
FreeDOS PC is connected to my home network through an ethernet cable to my
router. My free-standing laser printer is connected to my home network
through WiFi to my router.

I'm using lpt2file.com to redirect lpt1 to a text file on my FreeDOS PC.
Then I'm using jd.exe to send the text file directly to my printer's IP
address. Works fine with pure text files. I'm sure any special formatting
codes in the text other than LF/CR, etc would confuse the printer. It does
eject a short page automatically, no extra form feed needed.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 9:26 AM Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:

> Hi Marv!
>
> So you have a serial port on your DOS PC and on your Windows PC,
> a network-only printer and maybe, or maybe not a LPT1 port on the
> DOS PC (physically). To print directly over the network, you can
> try some trickery with netcat. Some printers might also create a
> built-in website which lets you upload printing data. Even if you
> only use the network to send the data to Windows, raw or via FTP
> or other protocols, you may enjoy the extra speed for non-text?
>
> Serial ports can often go above 115200 baud today, if cables are
> short enough. We have a SMBCLIENT port for network drives, but it
> only supports older versions. Not sure how old your Windows can go.
>
> I guess there is also some sort of hardware with a printer port
> input on one side and the ability to forward data to wired or
> wireless network or USB on the other side. Maybe others here on
> this list can recommend some?
> In general, if your printer supports PostScript or PDF, you can
> use DOS tools to produce those. For example our GRAPHICS can do
> PostScript ;-) I would not exclude the possibility that even a
> wifi laser printer still supports plain text, why not?
>
> Regards, Eric

It's all fun and games until someone divides by zero.