I am sorry that this has been probably mentioned in the past, but, how does one get from HTML files to AMB?

I did the conversion using a tool that I created for this specific task. It is non-generic, messy and very ugly - its only goal was to make it possible to convert the FreeDOS help HTML files to AMB. The converter is here (but again - useless for anything else than converting existing FreeDOS help to AMB):
https://osdn.net/projects/amb/scm/svn/tree/head/samples/fdhelp2amb/

Or does AMB have a format that does not originate on an HTML file?

AMB is a container (like tar) that holds files in the *.AMA format (Ancient Machine Article). The AMA format is described at the link below - it is a very simple text-like format that allows hyperlinked content.
http://amb.osdn.io/phpamb.php?fname=archiwum/format-20201216.amb&f=ama.ama

Mateusz

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 22:44, Jerome Shidel <jer...@shidel.net <mailto:jer...@shidel.net>> wrote:

    > On Feb 22, 2021, at 4:40 PM, Jerome Shidel <jer...@shidel.net>