Hi!

> Am just wondering if this is the current status, or some old comment:
>
> "Wireless devices connected via USB can not yet be used with FreeDOS."
>
> (http://freedos.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/WiFi)

This meant "USB dongles which serve as WiFi or Bluetooth modems
have no DOS drivers" and is still the case as far as I know:

In rare cases, DOS drivers for PCMCIA WiFi modems have existed.
For current computers, the recommended workaround would be to
use an external WiFi to LAN converter, as it is much easier to
find LAN style wired network drivers for DOS.

Similarily, I would expect Bluetooth to serial port converter
modules to work reasonably well with DOS: Those tend to have a
modem-style command system to control them and actually serial
interfaces between microcontrollers and Bluetooth modules are
widespread. It is slow enough to be useful even if not connected
by for example a faster SPI bus. Of course you would still need
a converter for RS232 signal levels. Combined products may exist.
Also, DOS users tend to have modem command skills and dialup tools.

Maybe people here could talk about their experiences with specific
brands of WiFi LAN gateways or Bluetooth RS232 adapters in DOS :-)

Regards, Eric