On 4/9/2021 11:28 AM, Thomas Desi wrote:
Hi Eric, thanks for responding.

I have a (normal) two button mouse and want to change the behaviour of a mouse
button to act as if I pressed the »CONTROL« key on the keyboard.

Use case: A DOS application where the mouse acts as a pointer without the need
to click.
This suggests to use the mouse buttons for productivity, e.g. assign the
CONTROL key to the mouse.

Maybe there is some script availabe to REMAP keys and mouse in FreeDOS?

NB. In GUI operating systems there are applications such as Autohotkey,
Karabiner etc. to achieve this.

Well, this is once again an issue with the conceptual differences between DOS and Windows (or any other GUI based OS).

DOS itself doesn't use/support any mouse, it is up to an application to interpret the responses given through the INT 33h API, which is implemented either by the BIOS or a "driver" (TSR_ like CTMouse. While probably not completely impossible to add another TSR that would intercept INT33h and instead feeds simulated keyboard events into INT 9h. I am not sure that something like this exist, at least neither myself nor any of my friends/clients ever had a need for such a tool...

Ralf