> On May 1, 2021, at 7:48 AM, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:
> [..]
>  it should STILL first ask the user
> before installing DOS (pre-existing C: found) or creating
> a new partition

The installer ALWAYS asks if you want to partition when no DOS compatible
partition can not be found.

The installer ALWAYS asks if you want to format when a DOS compatible partition
for disk 1 (C: drive) is not readable.

The installer ALWAYS asks before installing the OS once the previous two
conditions are satisfied.

Doing more than that and full manual control of many finer details are
available in advanced mode.

> [..]
>>> Also the thing that CTRL+C can either open menu or kick you out?
>
>> Like I said, only do it when it is waiting for user input.
>
> Do not tell ME, announce it during the install ;-)

Based on my interpretation of the design constraints required for the
installer, that ain’t gonna happen.

> [..]

Jerome