> On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 10:51 PM joseph turco <italian.pepe...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > i'm looking at installing freeDOS on an older (XP era)
> > computer. [...] I read somewhere that USB drives are not read by
> > the OS while it's already booted, but WILL read USB drives if it's
> > inserted upon boot. Is this correct?

My mahine from 2006 works like that.

The USB drive gets assigned a drive letter by Freedos. There are no
USB drivers loaded, it just looks like a disk.

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 05:26:09 +0200, dmccunney wrote:
> The issue will be FreeDOS. [...] You would need a USB driver loaded
> in CONFIG.SYS to access the USB drives from FreeDOS. [...] (It
> didn't work to access USB ports on a machine where I multibooted
> with FreeDOS as one of the OSes.).

The first issue is probably the BIOS. It's odd that there is no useful
(ie correct and relevant) information on this, just random stories
that contradict each other.

/Tomas