> > Concurrent access to files is something already handled by SHARE

> SHARE is all about access to *local* files, on the FreeDOS machine, and
> has absolutely nothing to do with sharing remote files.

MSCLIENT uses SHARE as well, it complains if you don't have it loaded.

My concern was more with the underlying disk/filesystem layer in dosemu.

According to the latest dosemu2 release notes (end of January this year),
this may have recently received some attention.

https://github.com/dosemu2/dosemu2/releases

"Implemented region locking and share support in MFS. One of the most
requested/missed feature of dosemu1 times."

- Darrin