I would be tempted to install windows xp, which I believe this laptop
shipped with, then install virtual pc, (the version before Microsoft bought
it) and run the various dos/Windows 3.1 machines in a virtual environment.

Or install linux and find a virtual pc solution for that.

Dos and win 3.1 don't need a lot of resources and should run fine
virtually.