Hello everyone. First time FreeDOS user, and first time in a mailing list. I am struggling to run
the program cnczeus ( https://github.com/lumen0/cnczeus ) on an Asus CUW-AM (
https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/asus-cuw-am-hp-oem ) motherboard. The program runs fine in a
virtual machine with the LiveCD install, in Jemm386 EMS mode. My process for getting the program
into FreeDOS is as follows: I create an image file from the executable using AnyBurn, (selecting
DOS as the ISO9660 file name) and burn that to a CD/use VirtualBox's CD tool. I then copy the file
to the C: drive in FreeDOS, and type the name to run it. The steps are identical between the
virtual machine and the physical computer, with the exception of the FreeDOS disc image version.
LiveCD does not work on the old motherboard, so I am using LegacyCD. Booting into Jemm386 with EMS
and running the software produces "exception 06," saying it occurred at
"CS:EIP=0003:0000007E, ERRC=00000000 SS: ESP=419F:00001206 EBP=00004B88 EFL=00033016
CRO=80000011 CR2=00000000 EAX=00001107 EBX=000010E7 ECX=07EE9A3C EDX=BFF8D0DE ESI=00000004
EDI=00000064 DS=0003 ES=B407 FS=03DE GS=033F [CS: IP]=FF FF FF FF 00 00 8F 02". It then
prompts me to abort the program, and after pressing escape the machine locks up, and spits out
gibberish in the next line. A bit more information regarding the machine: CPU: Intel Pentium iii
BIOS: PhoenixBIOS RAM: 128MB and/or 64MB stick, and a 256MB that does not work. SSD: I have a
200MB, 30GB, and 160GB drive that all seem to produce the same or similar error. Floppy and CD
drive seem to function properly. Nothing is plugged into the expansion slots. It is perhaps helpful
to know that the floppy installer does not fully work, (failing on the fourth disk) nor do FullUSB
and LiteUSB when used with plop boot manager. ( https://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager/intro.html ) If
anybody could point me towards the meaning of the error code, or let me know that LegacyCD is
incapable of running the program, that would be excellent. Thank you.