On 23/04/2019 19.34, Alexander Bokovoy via FreeIPA-devel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> below is the first cut on 4.8.0 rc1 release notes. I had to modify
> release-notes.py from freeipa-tools quite a lot to get Pagure issues for
> git master branch pulled out of the commit messages and then merged with
> the list of issues referenced by the target milestone as we don't really
> have those in use for 4.8.0 yet.
>
> In total, a jump from 4.7.2 to 4.8.0rc1 is more than 210 referenced
> Pagure issues. Please add (as replies) comments on what should be
> highlighted in enhancements and known issues specifically.
>
> I will do few more experiments with a new release-notes.py, that's why
> I'm not publishing the draft on freeipa.org yet but rather including it
> in this email.

Here are some high lights. I have rephrased some ticket titles.

* FreeIPA no longer supports Python (7568)
* Domain Level 0 is no longer supported (7689)
* Tech preview: hidden / unadvertised IPA replica (7892)
* Tech preview: allow overriding of PKI config settings (5608)
* IPA CA uses 3072 instead of 2048 bit RSA key (6790)
* Allow issuing certificates with IP addresses in subjectAltName (7451)
* Installer utilized lib389 instead of setup-ds.pl (4491)
* FreeIPA's LDAP server requires SASL security strength factor of >= 56
(4580, 7140)

--
Christian Heimes
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management and Platform Security

Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael O'Neill, Tom Savage, Eric
Shander