On pe, 26 huhti 2019, Alexander Bokovoy via FreeIPA-devel wrote:
On pe, 26 huhti 2019, Christian Heimes wrote:
On 26/04/2019 00.55, Anthony Joseph Messina via FreeIPA-devel wrote:
On Thursday, April 25, 2019 9:44:10 AM CDT Rob Crittenden via FreeIPA-devel
wrote:
* Increase the IPA RSA key size from 3072 to 2048 bits (6790)

Can the above clarify whether existing installs will upgrade the CA cert to
3072 bits or if it's only new installs? If it's only new installs, maybe a
link to upgrading the CA cert.

Alexander, Rob, could you please follow Anthony's suggestion and improve
the release note?
Yes, it is in my plan. I'm waiting for Monday to solicit more feedback
and then will write them all down in the wiki. We should have most
required pull requests land in both master and ipa-4-7 by that time.
A finalized draft is available at https://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/4.8.0rc1

I tried to get into more details in the highlights section, let me know
if I missed anything.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer