On 02/03/2011 07:57 AM, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
A multi-valued text widget has been created to replace the old
IPA.details_field. There are some differences:

The old code was designed to handle all data types, so the code is
incomplete and complex. The new code was designed to handle multi-
valued text attributes only, so it's easier to maintain. There are
already other widgets that can be used to handle other data types.

In the old code, if an attribute contains multiple values there
will be one undo link for each value. In the new code there will
be only one undo link for the whole attribute.

In the old code, when a value is removed, the value will be crossed
out. In the new code when a value is removed the entire line will
disappear.

NACK. Mostly good, but not sure I agree 100%. Line level Undo we very specific for the multi values. Undo should be for individuals, not for the overall.

I realize that this makes the logic a little bit harder if you want to, say, abandon your changes on phonen numbers, but keep them for Title, it is hard to get the undo just right.

So: Multi values should have an "undo all" in addition to line level undo.

I'd like to leave the "line-out" approach in there for removed entries as well. A user can always repurpose a line, so there undo/redo will be valuable at the line level. For straight delete, I think it is valuable for the user to see the original value.

Also, it looks like the code for "create_remove_link" is still in IPA.details_field. I'm guessing that this is dead code that should be removed. At a minimum, it should be moved to the new widget.