On 11/3/2011 7:35 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:

I'm not sure if update_info and other new classes should be in details.js.

It's probably ok now, but in the future we might want to move them somewhere else. How about creating command.js and move all command-related code there?

Other issues:

1. In details.js:650 we don't use param_info anymore, it should be metadata.

2. The add_field_option(command, field_name, param_info, values, join) probably can be simplified into add_field_option(field, values). The IPA.command_builder can store the command internally:

  var command_builder = IPA.command_builder({
      command: command
  });

  command_builder.add_field_option(field_info.field, values);

The add_field_option() can get the name, metadata, and join from the field object.

3. The add_record_to_command() takes a list of sections, but it might not be necessary because (so far) it's only used to access the details facet's own list of sections. Do you expect this to be used differently?

4. The create_fields_update_command() is essentially the same as create_standard_update_command(). When the command_mode is 'save' is it possible to generate an update_info from records so we can just call create_fields_update_command()?

This patch I think can be ACKed after fixing #1, the rest can be dealt with later.

Some of the new codes are not used anywhere yet so it's a bit difficult to review and things might change again later. I'm curious to see how it's going to be used in HBAC/sudo rule and DNS zone that involves multiple commands: how the commands are going to be defined, how to associate certain fields with certain commands, how to assign priorities, etc. Do you have any preview patch for ticket #1515?

--
Endi S. Dewata