JR Aquino wrote:
On Feb 28, 2012, at 10:43 AM, JR Aquino wrote:

On Feb 23, 2012, at 3:56 PM, JR Aquino wrote:

ipa-server-install has a method for validating forward and reverse via
ipaserver/install/installutils.py
ipa-client-install does not currently have an equivalent
This patch adds valid_dns to ipapython/ipautil.py to validate foward and
reverse DNS
This patch adds the valid_dns test in ipa-client/ipa-install/ipa-client-install
to validate the dns of the FreeIPA server

Rebased and corrected patch

<freeipa-jraquino-0041-During-ipa-client-install-verify-forward-and-reve.patch>

NEW Rebased and corrected patch

Is it possible to rebase this to master? I looked at it briefly and there is going to be an import loop if you try adding this to ipapython/ipautil. I'm not sure if the best solution is to move some things from ipalib/util into ipapython/ipautil or not, but it is certainly the simplest.

I think the approach is right, the code has just shifted significantly since 2.2 (new DNS resolver).

thanks