On Sat, 2012-07-07 at 14:45 -0400, John Dennis wrote:
> The DN work I was doing on master is ready for review and testing. It's
> been a long haul and I've been working relentlessly to get this work
> completed. I am on PTO for a week starting today (I know bad timing) but
> I spent yesterday and my first day of PTO today writing up extensive
> documentation for the work so others can start taking a look at it while
> I'm gone. The documentation as well as where to find the code can be
> found here:
>
> http://jdennis.fedorapeople.org/dn_summary.html
>
> The document is long but I felt it was better to provide explanations
> for as much as possible.
>
> I may check in during the week but I'm going to try and discipline
> myself not to and take an actual much needed break.

John,
I've read the doc. and everything in there sounds agreeable to me,
including delaying mutable vs immutable conversions.

However it would be *really* useful if you split the code in a set of
patches instead of a humongous patch.

At the very least I would like to see it split into a patch that
addresses the creation of the IPASimpleLDAPObject (btw why not just
ipaLDAPObject which would be shorter ?), one patch that changes the core
stuff DN wise, one patch for the tests, one patch for all the actual
binaries.

Please do not do this on your time off, I am sure it can be handled once
you are back :-)

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York