Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 11/02/2012 12:25 AM, Loris Santamaria wrote:
El jue, 01-11-2012 a las 12:47 -0400, Dmitri Pal escribió:
On 11/01/2012 11:32 AM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Thu, 2012-11-01 at 09:30 -0430, Loris Santamaria wrote:
Hi all,

we plan to write a freeIPA configuration plugin for Asterisk, aiming to
be general and useful enough to be included in Fedora and EPEL, so we
would like to have your input on some issues before we write any code.
Hi Loris,
this is really exciting!
Indeed!

Several procedural questions to the list:
1) The design is on the github, Simo, should we have a proxy page on our
wiki that will point to the github project?
2) Do we need to track it in some way via our ticketing system to make
sure that it is aligned with our release cycle?
3) Loris, will it be a completely external effort or you want the code
to land in the IPA repository or IPA tools/plugins/satellite repository
that currently does not exist but we probably should have?
4) Loris, in a long run how you foresee this functionality being
delivered? IPA + EPEL and support from your organization or you want it
completely blend into the project and be supported as a part of the core
IPA over time?
Of course it would be great if this plugin could be distributed as an
optional but official IPA component.

IMO it can be eventually. It really depends on your goals.

  If you see it possible we will
submit the code for review as soon as it is in a working state, else we
will at least submit it for inclusion in Fedora with a dependency on
freeipa-server.

So you are potentially open to moving the project under the "IPA"
optional area that currently does not exists but can be created because
this project sets a precedent.
Let us work out the details when the code is functional.

You could set some guidelines for projects like this.

Yes, but we do not have them yet, so it is a good opportunity to
identify what these guidelines should include and start putting together
a wiki page to provide a guidance. But this is so far uncharted
territory so please bear with us and any help in this area would be
appreciated.
I will try to put together a wiki page to cover what we already learned
from this thread. I also need to read more about Asterisk before I can
proceed.

  I see that a dhcp
plugin is in the works, maybe both this plugin and the dhcp plugin
should get assigned containers under a generic cn=apps container? Ip
phones and maybe printers should be listed under a cn=devices container?

Yes and no. IMO we need to differentiate the components even optional
ones that are or will be developed within IPA project and are completely
external and independent components developed independently. We need
guidance for both but historically it is hard to plan in advance until
someone starts actual work. So may be the guideline should state "figure
out what the container name for the data you are going to add will be,
here are XYZ constraints to consider".
This is exactly what you are doing now.

How one should integrate optional components with the Web UI?

Yeah this is a gray area to me to. I would love to see a clear doc on
this too.
Petr, is this doable?

We have this guide, which has a UI component: http://abbra.fedorapeople.org/guide.html