On 11/02/2012 02:36 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 11/02/2012 12:25 AM, Loris Santamaria wrote:
El jue, 01-11-2012 a las 12:47 -0400, Dmitri Pal escribió:
On 11/01/2012 11:32 AM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Thu, 2012-11-01 at 09:30 -0430, Loris Santamaria wrote:
Hi all,

we plan to write a freeIPA configuration plugin for Asterisk, aiming to
be general and useful enough to be included in Fedora and EPEL, so we
would like to have your input on some issues before we write any code.

How one should integrate optional components with the Web UI?

Yeah this is a gray area to me to. I would love to see a clear doc on
this too.
Petr, is this doable?

Speaking of packaging, reading http://abbra.fedorapeople.org/guide.html
it doesn't seems clear to me how to have an extra category of
configuration pages added to the Web UI without modifying the main IPA
page. What is the proper way to add extra pages to the web UI ?
I will let the UI expert reply on this point.

Do you target existing releases (up to 3.0) or some next?

In versions 2.2 and 3.0 not-touching existing Web UI sources might not be doable. You will have to put some code into ext/extension.js which is blank file, marked as configuration file and is loaded with the rest of Web UI.

You will face two problems:

1) Load extension code.
Currently Web UI has all links to JS sources hard coded in index.html. You can put all your code into extension.js or you have to put there a code which will dynamically load your JS file.

2) Register entity and update navigation
You need to update navigation to display a link for the new pages. It's not straightforward without touching webui.js. I doubt that anybody done it before.

I can help you with it if needed.

IMO we should eliminate both issues to allow extending Web UI just by adding files to some directory.

HTH
--
Petr Vobornik