On 06/04/2013 02:09 PM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 01:48:23PM +0200, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Hardcoding the in-tree location for ipa-getkeytab makes testing
outside the source tree impossible. This patch makes the tests use
the installed location.

In other places the test suite assumes IPA is installed system-wide,
even if running from the source tree.
I know I frequently forget to run `make` before testing, which makes
the ipa-getkeytab tests fail. So this patch would work well for me
(and probably other Python devs), but I guess others might be used
to `make test` checking what `make` built.

C developers, are you OK with e.g. adding `cp
ipa-client/ipa-getkeytab /usr/sbin/ipa-getkeytab` to your testing
workflow? Or should this be made configurable (or auto-detected)?

Will the environment running the test have access rights to do that
copy operation?

Yes. To set up any meaningful testing of IPA, you need root.

Can't you just use PATH value (let PATH do its work)?

That's probably the easiest way to make it configurable.
But ipa-client/ipa-getkeytab (the old value) is not normally in PATH so some workflow change would be necessary in this case, too.

--
PetrĀ³