On to, 03 elo 2017, Igor Sever via FreeIPA-users wrote:
I didn’t specify any ID range. This was all done automagically by
setup. I read a lot of documentation, and I can’t remember that ever
been mentioned. We indeed had NIS at some point, but this is not
supported any more by MS, and FreeIPA should not just presume that we
have gidNumber on all accounts. Where should I look for settings that
you specify?
For a succinct answer look at what Justin wrote you yesterday.

Documentation is available here:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html-single/Windows_Integration_Guide/index.html#id-ranges

You have all the options to either go with automated detection or
override which ID range type to use.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy