On ti, 12 syys 2017, Igor Sever via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Unfortunately, I cannot upgrade systems and packages as I want because of
legacy applications.
Is there somewhere information how would I approach to configure SSSD
to use FreeIPA as Kerberos and LDAP provider and for policies to work?
I can only find where access is enforced with LDAP filter in SSSD
configuration in that case.  Thanks.
If SUSE version of SSSD is built without IPA provider, then HBAC rules
wouldn't be available. Part of functionality is implemented in the IPA
provider and does not exist in a pure LDAP provider.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy