On 2018-02-27 04:33, Ben Archuleta via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a network with a file server that houses the home directories. The
> server has 6 NFS export that contain the home directories.
> Home0,home1,home2,home3,home4,home5 these exports have about 289 home
> directories between all of them.
>
> In the current NIS environment I have an auto_master that has the following:
> # Master map for automounter
> #
> /net          -hosts          -nosuid,nobrowse
> /xfn          -xfn
> /homes                auto.homes
>
> I have an auto_homes that has entries like the following with 192.168.10.30
> being the file server:
> barchu02 192.168.10.30:/export/home2/barchu02
>

> I have one entry per user on the system.
>
> How would I configure FreeIPA auto mounts to behave the same way?
>
> Regards,
> Ben Archuleta

Hi Ben,

I'm not sure how you would do this when your homedirs are in that many
shares, but if you could make them into one share you could use a setup
similar to ours:
[root@adm-001 ~]# ipa automountmap-find
Location: default
------------------------
3 automount maps matched
------------------------
   Map: auto.direct

   Map: auto.home

   Map: auto.master
----------------------------
Number of entries returned 3
----------------------------
[root@adm-001 ~]#
[root@adm-001 ~]# ipa automountkey-find
Location: default
Map: auto.home
-----------------------
1 automount key matched
-----------------------
   Key: *
   Mount information: -fstype=nfs4,rw,sec=krb5,intr,hard
                      adm-001.kac.sblokalnet:/data/home/&
----------------------------
Number of entries returned 1
----------------------------
[root@adm-001 ~]#

Explanation:
The location, maps and keys are what you can also see in the web-UI
under "Network Services" -> "Automount" -> "Automount Locations" ->
"default" -> "auto.home" -> "Mount Information".
The Mount information is the contents of the field to the right.
The interesting part is the /data/home/& which means that /data/home is
shared as /data/home and & refers the the username of the user trying to
access the directory. So, all the users' homedirs are in /data/home.  On
our system, the IPA server is also the NFS server for homedirs(we don't
have that many users).

Also, the NFS server should be a IPA client so that it can recognize the
users from the other clients. This is also needed if you want to use
kerberos.

HTH

/tony

--