On ma, 11 maalis 2019, Callum Smith wrote:
Locally on the IPA server I note that doing an ldapsearch using GSSAPI works,
if i use the ldap host:
ldaps://ipa-b.in.bmrc.ox.ac.uk/
but not:
ldaps://ipa-b.virt.in.bmrc.ox.ac.uk/

Since the client can only access the network that is
ipa-b.virt.in.bmrc.ox.ac.uk it needs to be able to communicate to LDAP
via that hostname. Is this actually possible, since the TGT is _always_
going to be on ipa-b.$domain because of the nsslapd-localhost entry?
Question I have is why the client actually chooses ldap/ipa-b.$domain
itself? This is probably the easiest place to change since it is driven
by the DNS discovery so you can influence by whatever is put in the DNS
SRV records.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer