Florence and Angus, thanks for the replies.

xCAT definitely can run scripts at boot time. And the kickstart method seems to
be the way to go. But I sill have some questions:

The nodes are stateless, so in a reboot all the configuration is lost and get
back from the image. FreeIPA configuration will be lost and then restarted.
Which appears to be ok. But there are two issues:

* The password for “joining” the FreeIPA domain that expires after the first use
* The necessity of the hostname on the ipa-client-install command:
hostname=client.example.com <http://client.example.com/>

With this two things I think we are unable to move forward, so the first
question is:

1. Do I really need this password? Or better, the password can be permanent?
It’s a “closed” system, so in terms of security I think there’s no problem.

2. Ipa-client-install can’t use the hostname of the node automatically? Do I
really need to fill the hostname? Because this kills the ideia of a generic
image.

Thank you all guys.