Hi,

As part of auditing certain activities such as "User Add" "Group Add" and other
modifications, we are trying to setup a tool such as Splunk.
When a user gets added or any modification is made in FreeIPA we need to Audit
who made that change.

But FreeIPA seems to be not logging that particular information, Would like to
know if any one here have achieved that here. I noticed the following option,
https://github.com/pschiffe/rsyslog-elasticsearch-kibana

My understanding is this is a preconfigured Kibana setup where we need to
forward all the FreeIPA related logs to this Kibana docker through rsyslog. As
per the following image,
https://github.com/pschiffe/rsyslog-elasticsearch-kibana/blob/master/doc/images/ipa-server-administration.png

The user who is making the change also is getting logged. For example, we can
see that the action "user_add" was committed by the user, admin@KVM. From my
research this does not seem to be a Kibana Action as such, but something that
is present in the FreeIPA log file.

How ever I could not find the string  user_add itself anywhere in the log after
adding the user. I checked the logs such as, slapd-$REALM/access
Is it because the FreeIPA logs have changed over the years and this solution is
no longer usable, or is it something entirely generated by Kibana and we can
use it with the newer FreeIPA versions as well>

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance!