Perfect, thanks!

Just curious... Can you explain why %deref_r works in this line, but just a
plain %deref does't?
  default:schema-compat-entry-attribute:
member=cn=%deref_r("member","fqdn"),cn=adcomputers,cn=compat,$SUFFIX

Essentially I am just taking the fqdn of the ipahost member attribute and
inserting inline to form:
cn=<fqdn>,cn=adcomputers,cn=compat,dc=lab,dc=local

Doing member=%deref("member","fqdn") by itself returned all of the values I
needed, but when I tried to use it within a string I got no member attribute at
all.

I see nothing in the documentation that explains the difference in the output,
only a difference in how the return values are determined.  Apparently I just
got lucky that %deref_r did what I wanted, as I don't suspect that it was
intended to work that differently than %deref (based on the documentation).