> Brian J. Murrell via FreeIPA-users wrote:
>
> What is it exactly that you're doing?

I am trying to re-add the previously (perhaps incompletely, as it may seem)
deleted ipa server on "server.example.com":

# ipa-replica-install --setup-ca --ip-address 10.75.22.247 --setup-dns
--no-forwarders

> Are you trying to preserve the host entry?

Well "server.example.com" is currently just a client, that being a prerequisite
to it becoming a replica/server.

> ipa server-del <removed-server> should clean things up.

But won't touch any of it's currently-a-client config, correct?

Cheers,
b.