Hello,
Jacob M Cutright via FreeIPA-users
<freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> writes:

> It would be nice if ansible.cfg had keytab support

I'm not sure what you mean/want here.  I'm using an LDAP inventory from
FreeIPA in ansible. Authentication on the clients uses authorized_keys
here (no kerberos). Until recently I did a manual "kinit -t
/etc/ansible/ansible.keytab -k ansible/echidna.example.org! before
running ansible. I've now seen two other possibilites to have a TGT when
running ansible.

Recently I looked into gssproxy. Once it is correctly set uo, run
ansible wirh environment "GSS_USE_PROXY=yes". This is my gssproxy,conf
snippet:

root# cat:/etc/gssproxy/50-ansible.conf
[service/ansible]
  mechs = krb5
  cred_store = client_keytab:/etc/ansible/ansible.keytab
  cred_store = ccache:FILE:/var/lib/gssproxy/clients/krb5cc_%U
  cred_usage = initiate
  # program = /usr/bin/python3.9
  euid = ansible

The other possibility was to set KRB5_CLIENT_KTNAME:
export KRB5_CLIENT_KTNAME=/etc/ansible/ansible.keytab
This doesn't require gssproxy, but has the keytab accessible to user
ansible.

Both options work for me - take your pick :-)

Jochen

--
This space is intentionally left blank.