On Thu, 13 Feb 2014, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, Tamas Papp wrote:

On 02/12/2014 09:53 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 01:30:59PM -0500, Dmitri Pal wrote:
I don't know it.
After a quick look I wasn't able to set it up correctly, 'id USER'
didn't connected to it's socket like with nscd/nlscd, however
nsswitch.conf was configured.
Maybe with the upcoming 14.04 or do you have a working howto for 12.04?
Please check SSSD web site for guidelines and if you have any
questions do not hesitate  to ask on the sssd-users list.
SSSD is the best you can get nowadays for the connection of the
client systems to the central identity stores.
If you plan to use it with IPA you ho not need to configure sssd manually.
ipa-client-install will do the trick. Just install ipa-client
package and run the command.
If realmd is available for your distribution, then I would highly
recommend using it to set up SSSD.

It isn't in 12.04, but will be available in 14.04.
Thanks for suggestion.
https://launchpad.net/~sssd/+archive/updates
Ah, sorry, realmd is indeed not available for 12.04 because it wasn't
written at that point yet. :)
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy